Thursday, November 12, 2009

Time to Expand

Friends,

Three weeks from today I will be arriving in Copenhagen to begin an amazing 3 weeks.
Yesterday I had my first interview with KFAI, our project was highlighted on the NPCA (National Peace Corps Association) Newsletter, this weekend I will be doing a short announcement of representing Edinans and Minnesotans in Denmark at "Peace and Sustainability...You can't have one without the other at hennepin Methodist Churdh on Hennepin Avr near Loring Park. I have begun the "Minnesota Speaks to Copenhagen" project to bring our collective voice to the UN Convention and to make sure that yopur voices are being heard in Copenhagen.

Thanks to Mary Brindl for discovering the way to link the blog below to being able to contribute to my journey and cover my expenses. Contributions will be made through the Edina Community Foundation through a special account linked to the Edina Energy and Environment Commission.

My 3 day fast ended on Monday morning and I felt like I was beginning a new chapter in my life with a heightened appreciation for food and drink. I send my love and support to those Climate Justice Fasters who continue to fast for the millions of people who cannot take healthy food and easy access to food for granted....it is for those people who we can all speak up for to be included in the Climate Treaty to come out of Copenhagen. That the treaty be one of fairness and justice for all people and to repair the damage done as we move forward towards building a more equitable and sustainable future.

I will see if I can put the links here to connect you all with the KFAI interview....with thanks to Paulina, the KFAI interviewee from Chile.

Onward...20 days remaining, time to learn You Tube.

Let's build our base and grow our numbers....welcome new followers

No comments:

Post a Comment