Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Climate Justice...It's Everywhere

Wow, you guys are keeping me busy.

Everywhere in the Bella Center is the feeling of equity, to provide all nations with a fair, binding and aggressive agreement to slow the worst aspects of a climate out of control  and to clean up the mess that the industrial countries have made.

Listen to this articulate woman from Fiji speak about the impact of Climate Chaos on her country.

http://webmail.aol.com/29644-412/aol-1/en-us/Suite.aspx

the link wouldn't open here you have to go to the 1 Sky blog here and click on "Message to Americans"

Same thing happened to me last night as I was leaving the Bella Center after posting my first You Tube and group of Bangladesh Delegates were walking out, I said "Namaste" to one and we chatted. Very open and friendly conversation and as we departed he asked "what country are you from?" I answered and he responded again in a very friendly tone of voice "your country is the reason for all our troubles" to which I replied "we are coming to help...and quickly"

The reminders of the blessings that we have lived with become very clear when confronted by such honesty and the building of a "New American Dream" where all people and life are considered paramount in these next few days.

Time to head for work...and try to represent what you want to hear and see....keep the requests coming.

I can't tell you how impactful this feels to be witnessing.

Whatever action you can take this week and next do it. Natalie Gille has set up a Facebook Page for the Vigil this Saturday 12/12 at the bandshell at Lake Harriet at 4pm///go if you can and send images to 350.org for us to deliver on Monday the 14th.

Last night I was sitting in the large hall where Obama will speak next Friday taking in the enormity of this event and a young Norweign Youth, Frikk, came in. I flashed the disc and he was into it....30 minutes of flying fun in the grand hall where the world can, might, must make a new life giving agreement...it was the magic moment of the day for me.


Fasting increases ones appreciation for food and life itself....Jane told me of the perfect cafe with good coffee to enjoy the breaking.

I will do it in honor of our partnership for where we are headed.

1 comment: