Thursday, December 17, 2009

Have We Done Enough?

From Grist Magazine and article by Bill McKibben

http://www.grist.org/article/2009-12-13-no-time-for-tears-in-copenhagen

I know I fall into that one..."Have I done enough?" all the time.It seems to come with the territory of taking on a problem that is so big we really don't even understand the problem let alone the solution.

At the same time I am equally sure that the answer lies not in the doingness but in the beingneess as in Human Being and utilizing all of the potential we have to behave in such a way that all of who we are and what we do be guided by the best of what we have to offer to each other. With that understanding I can  once again muster up the courage to knock on the door of the US Delegation and ask for them to read the "Hear My Voice" cards from the good folks in Minnesota cause "you work for us and we care about all people's future."

It's been another day flown by and if I'm lucky I'm going to have dinner (another last supper) with David Koordsma, the biker who was chosen to be the Hopenhagen Ambassador through the Huffington Post.


here's David at work..David is a friend of  my friend Aaron Teasdale from Missoula MT and a hard core biker and climate advocate..during his 21,000 mile bike journey to the tip of South America he did Climate Action education. Check out his winning video on my facebook page.

Back for more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment